Sunday, February 18, 2007

Rosetta Stone website


The Rosetta Stone website is a great interactive website designed to help students learn a language fast. It is designed for any language learner. It does cost money to use the site but for a learner who wants the extra practice at home it is well worth the money. They have access to sound bites with a native speaker so they are able to hear the language as it is regularly spoken. They can also replay the clips as many times as they need to. This site is perfect for learners at any level. I did the demo for Spanish and German and even though I didn't know any of that language before I began, I felt like I knew some vocabulary after I was done. The site also has pictures so the students can get a visual of what the word means as they are learning the vocabulary. It looks like a great way to start to learn a language or to supplement the language learning process.

No comments: